Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
A dressmaker's go-to! Solid, grey-blue, medium weight cotton drill. Anyone for utility style, practical yet fashionable sewing projects? There are so many useful applications for our first-rate Porpoise Blue - Cotton Drill.
Boasting a close and super stable weave with a fine characteristic diagonal twill detail, this fabric exudes quality and practicality due to its strength, stability, and medium handle. Porpoise Blue will drape reassuringly and softly, getting better with each wash.
An excellent alternative to denim, this cotton drill can be styled smart or casual and its grey blue dusty denim hue is a perennial favourite, so all you have to do is decide what to make from this super versatile fabric:
- Classic trench coats: Ulysses Trench - Victory Patterns, Isla Trench Coat - Named Clothing
- Utility/ Parka/Anoraks: Makers Atelier-The Utility Coat, Kelly Anorak - Closet Case Patterns
- Denim-Jeans style Jackets: Butterick 5616
- Worker Jackets: Wendy Ward - Dylan, Friday Pattern Co - Ilford Jacket
- Jeans & Dungarees/overalls; Closet Case - Jenny Overalls & Ginger Jeans, TATB -Mila Dungarees
- Pinafore Dresses; TATB - Cleo, Sew Different - Scoop Pinafore
- Denim-Jeans style jackets: Butterick 5616
- Classic blazer and trousers ensemble: Burda7134
- Skirts and Dresses: Three Pleat Skirt, Box Pleat Dress, The Hoodie Dress- T.A.L Patterns,
Most of the above patterns have a work-wear/utility vibe, use contrasting top-stitching to complete the look or tone it down by using matching top-stitching. There are countless other brilliant sewing patterns available, these are but a few. Other excellent uses are craft aprons, tool apron/holders, tote bags, messenger bags, hats, caps, rucksacks, bowling and barrel bags, shoe tidies and much more.
Weight: Medium / Heavy
Composition: Cotton & Elastane
Width: 160cm / 62.9inch
Pattern repeat: N/A