Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
View the other photographs to see the scale and know exactly what you're buying. Hover over the images for a closer look!
There are so many useful applications for the first rate Noirceur Twill. Noirceur is a French word and literally translates to 'pitch black'. Boasting a close and super stable weave, with the fine diagonal twill - characteristic detail to the face and flat weave on the reverse. The linen composition adds a subtle 'sketchy' slub detail and of course extra strength.
Noirceur Twill features a subtle sheen which accentuates the pitch black tone. This fabric exudes quality and practicality due to its strength, stability, and versatile handle and will drape well, yet still hold crisp details such as collars and top-stitched panels; characteristic of jeans and utility styles.
Black fabrics always look smart and form the basis of most wardrobes, you can't go wrong with black. All you have to do is decide what to make from this super versatile fabric. Here are a few helpful suggestions to set you on your way:
- Classic trench coats: Ulysses Trench - Victory Patterns, Isla Trench Coat - Named Clothing
- Utility/ Parka/Anoraks; Makers Atelier - The Utility Coat, Kelly Anorak - Closet Core Patterns
- Denim-Jeans style Jackets; Butterick 5616
- Classic blazer and trousers ensemble; Burda7134
- Jeans and Dungarees/overalls, boilersuits; Closet Core -Jenny Overalls, TATB -Mila Dungarees, Fibremood - Leah
- Pinafore Dresses; TATB - Cleo, Sew Different - Scoop Pinafore
There are of course countless other brilliant sewing patterns available, these are but a few. Other excellent uses are craft aprons, tool apron/holders, tote bags, messenger bags, hats, caps, rucksacks, bowling and barrel bags, shoe tidies and much more.
Weight: Medium / Light
Composition: 60% Cotton 40% Linen
Width: 156cm / 61.4inch
Pattern Repeat: N/A